Re-invigorating the 'maloomaat' concept via SMS

In light of the greater responsiveness of SMS in formulating public opinion in AJK (Azad Jammu Kashmir - also referred to as P-A-K Pakistani-administered Kashmir or P-O-K Pakistani Occupied Kashmir), I've decided to put up my SMS interaction online (though I won't be mentioning names - to protect the public's privacy).

Please also refer to my blog post:

10/5/11

22/09/11
Statement:
Preparing 2 assess scope of transparency & freedom of expression n AJK's bye-election 2day. Doubles as a people vs. establishment tussle acc. 2 public opinion.


150 sent


1 response:


"N league,s candidate should have to win."


My commentary on the day:



Haven't been allowed 2 proceed beyond Kohalla despite words with DC. "Orders from above". I'm a Civil Society Activist unable 2 monitor a democratic process!


DC Sahaab..I hope u digest this msg. with the seriousness it deserves. U r well aware that I'm a civil society activist working 4 the progress of AJK. If u obstruct me from entering the city 2 observe the democratic exercise, I will possess grounds 2 describe the election malafide..there will b implications 4 Pakistan's presence here vis a vis the international community...TANVEER AHMED Civil Society Forum - AJK


"Thank u for ur work"
(An advocate in Muzaffarabad)


"Kesi kah dun k mujhy chod dya ha seb ne, baat to sach ha mgr baat ha ruswai ki." 
Usman Atiq
(Sent to me by an activist in Bagh)
Share/Bookmark

No comments: