Re-invigorating the 'maloomaat' concept via SMS

In light of the greater responsiveness of SMS in formulating public opinion in AJK (Azad Jammu Kashmir - also referred to as P-A-K Pakistani-administered Kashmir or P-O-K Pakistani Occupied Kashmir), I've decided to put up my SMS interaction online (though I won't be mentioning names - to protect the public's privacy).

Please also refer to my blog post:

10/5/11

30/09/11
I decided to write the following just in case I got on the wrong end of public opinion:

If u do not wish 2 b pestered by my regular txts, pls just write NOT in reply. Agar aap mazeed mujh se txt msg nahi lena chahtey to sirf NOT jawaab me likhey.

10 people responded with a NOT

They included:
2 professors/teachers
3 politicians (including one nationalist!)
3 activists/NGO related
2 govt. servants

I also sent out the following circular to those who've responded to my polls thus far.

"Thanks for participating in a maloomaat.net opinion poll on AJK"

Share/Bookmark

No comments: